Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas!

And a very happy Chranukkah, Festivus, Kwanzaa, Ramadan, Hanukkah, and New Year!

As a holiday gift, I present to you a video of last week's Cyclocross race. This was my first ever attempt to ride a mountain bike, much less race one. And I'm proud to say that I achieved my goal and finished within the top half of the finishers! (Allow me to clarify: I achieved my goal, which was to make it out of the race alive. Barely. I somehow happened to place well too.) I hope my clumsiness brings you joy on this special day, as it has brought so many of you so much joy in the past.*



(If the video doesn't work, or for higher resolution, try here)

With stockings full of holiday cheer,
pepe


*See for example: trying to catch a frisbee on a bicycle; "freestyle rock diving" in Brazil; and countless attempts at dribbling a soccer or basketball, only to end up flat on my face.

PS - Antarctica is largely void of seasonal decor...but not entirely! Our room is the one with the palm tree.

3 comments:

Barb said...

I am laughing like our Brazilian hiking guide right now. - Meg

Family Jules said...

Pepe! What an awesome video of your close demise! I loved the various views and repeats of the crash. Your blog is great and I could kick myself for not making the time earlier to get in here and check it out.

Dave and I are at Joe's where it is a warm 31 degrees on Christmas morn. Ben and Meg are making 'monkey bread' which is refrigerator biscuits covered in cinnamon, sugar, butter, and walnuts. Sadly, I've already had breakfast.

I think I told you that I've signed up for a triathlon but seeing your bike video is making me scared about my own abilities.

Dave just got out of the loo where he spent about 20 minutes doing his teeth and hasn't seen your video. I'm getting out of here to let him see it but I'll be back for sure! Love ya, - Jules

Forrest said...

Thanks for my first hearty chuckle of 2008. I checked out the bike video on New Year's Day. Great stuff!