Sunday, December 9, 2007

Adventures in the Touch Tank

Lately, I've been craving some fresh sushi. Of course, such a delicacy is never served in the galley, so I headed down to the local aquarium to find my own. What I found was the delicous Cockroachus Giganticus, or the Giant Sea Cockroach. At least, that's my best guess at its name.

I dipped him in soy sauce and prepared to gobble him up...

...when suddenly I was attacked by an enormous sea spider (real name)! These guys are the size of your fingertip normally, but grow to enormous sizes in Antarctica.

Eventually we reached a truce, and I hobnobbed with the remaining sea creatures peacefully.





yours,
pepe

3 comments:

Rowena said...

oh dear god, tell me that's not a real spider. o.O

Barb said...

Fascinating!

Ray Minjares said...

I second what Rowena said...