Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Southward Ho

Terra australis incognita: the unknown southern land. The seventh continent; the big kahuna. Antarctica. Like Shackleton and Mawson before me, this frozen land is my destination. And this humble website is my blog.


The journey will begin with training in Colorado and transit through New Zealand, after which I'll emerge from radio silence in McMurdo station on Ross Island. (A location unfortunately obscured by the crease in Putnam's 1920 map, above.) There, in the midst of an ice shelf the size of Spain, I'll endure five months of self-imposed exile, before returning to New Zealand and the States.

So wish me luck, think warm thoughts, and I hope you enjoy my tales.

Yours,
pepe

5 comments:

aiwa said...

Pepe, you kick ass. don't freeze up there!

Barb said...

Looking forward to going on this adventure with you. BTW - great idea to do a blog ;-)

Barb

Unknown said...

pepe, lets get together while you are in Colorado. where will you be? the # is the same.

noah

steve morgan haskell said...

Goodbye Pepe.

We will miss you on the pitch.

Please, come back un-frozen.

steve (of futbol fame)

Sarah said...

Hey Pepe!

You are definetly living it up more than I am selling life insurance to accountants. But at least I can live vicariously through you!
Cousin Sarah